Saturday, June 4, 2011

Life Gets in the Way

Although as many of you know, I'm the master juggler but this week my writing stopped. Life was once again caused the trickle of creative flow to dam. My father in law had a heart attack.

At 91 years old, any heart problem becomes major. It's the part that all medical power of attorneys hate. Decisions of life and death, what care is needed and wanted, and a variety of other issues came into play. It was ultimately my decision by what he has told me over the years of his final or semi final wishes. The burden is immense. If he had died, it would have been a quick matter, but he hasn't yet. SO began the long process of sifting through his desires and his ultimate desire to join his wife who passed on a few years ago.

All my best laid plans of starting my own publishing company on Smashwords, finishing Zombie Apocalypse: Redemption, uploading and publishing my children series of stories has been sidelined until further notice. This is one of those things which is more important than what I want. I did finally decide on a name and created a logo for the company and feel like I'm letting down the other authors who were/are joining me. I've even lost my President's List standing at my college. Ah, the life of a juggler who is dropping a ball here and there as I go on.

I find just writing this blog difficult. In the midst of this I find myself performing marriage services, counseling, and other duties with the imminent death of my father in law hanging over my head. Realistically this process could take days, weeks, or even months. Writing has become impossible, and editing anything equally challenging. My cell phone rings whenever I try to put fingers to the keyboard. Story lines and dialogues are unfocused even though I have full outlines and character sketches. I lack the ability to put it all together.

Y'all are not forgotten.

Keep writing and loving the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Jo, you always do what you must! HUGS, GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo,
    You and your family are in my prayers. All things will work out as they are meant to. God be with you.
    {{{{hugs}}}}

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.