Thursday, August 4, 2011

A New Day

As I sit in front of my computer today ideas for storylines for a new zombie book run through my head.  I had one beta reader tell me last night that zombies are the new vampire. Actually, this is not a new thought, the zombie cult has been around for fifty years, but currently on an upswing.With the new Resident Evil, Fido, and other movies hitting the big screen and gaming systems

I got an email from fellow author, Thomas Wilson, about the zombie-o-rama in San Jose, CA at the end of the month. I want to go so bad I can taste it. Not that I'm head over heels for zombies, but as an author of a new zombie horror novel, think about the possibility of selling up to 4,000 copies of a cult oriented novel in one day. It ranks right up there with WorldCon for science fiction authors or RWA for romance writers. Talk about your target audience all in one place at the same time!

<Sigh> This will have to wait until next year. My calendar is almost full for the month with my husband's family reunion, weddings, doctor appointments, and my family reunion in Nebraska the first weekend in September (still trying to come up with plane fare on this one). No time or money to splurge at this point for a trip across the country.

With my toes and foot in a half cast hobbling around is not my idea of fun. My renovations and furniture moving has come to a screeching halt with orders to stay off my foot as much as possible for the next two- four weeks.  So I sit at my computer with my left foot propped up and wonder about the possibilities of the next installment of a zombie series of books.

Keep writing and loving the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.