Monday, April 9, 2012

Update and Staring at a Blank Screen

Well, to date this book is at 25K words. It is jammed pack with how-to's, stories, and useful information. It's in the editing process. Not bad for less than a week's worth of writing. I've sent it off to a survivalist friend to critique. To see if there is anything else I've missed for an overview.

Now, I'm faced with a dilemma. What do I conquer next. I could do the final
 edit on "Zombie Apocalypse:Travelers," but now that I've finished the actual writing and rewriting...there is something lacking. I may just rewrite it yet again. No, it's not the gore thing. I just can't put my finger on it yet, but the light bulb in my head will turn on eventually where this story is concerned.

I could write more on "Surviving Hank." But the muse is gone.
I could finish editing "The Mayan Serpent." All three are slate for release this year. There are also the children's book series, which has been derailed because I don't have time to draw out the illustrations.

I could finish editing A.M. Keller's new paranormal romance, The Emerald's Secret." Or scan Thomas Wilson's new science fiction thriller for inconsistencies. Or any one of twenty manuscripts sitting on my flash drive.

So why am I staring at a blank screen? After months of not doing anything as far as my writing career goes...I lack the muse, inspiration, or anything else to finish my projects. I'm looking at a week of five weddings, doctor visits, and assorted other things...all of which are weighing heavily on my mind.

So what do you do when you are staring at a blank screen?

Keep writing? and loving the Lord.


1 comment:

  1. Good grief, Jo! That's more than enought to swamp someone. When I'm staring at the blank screen, I research writing techniques--AKA reading someone else's words. ; )

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.