Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thursday's Tumbles and Stumbles: I Wish I Was A WEEBLE!

As we age in the Murphey Saga household, the more we go into age regression. When my kids were young they had these toys called Weebles.
Weebles wooble, but they don't fall down.


Wikipedia describes the reason they don't fall down is a weighted bottom. I have a very weighty bottom and I still fall down. I haven't this week, fallen down that is. I've been stumbling and tripping over imaginary tufts of carpet. Before y'all start worrying, it's because I got new shoes and the soles are thicker. I just have to adjust raising my foot a 1/4 inch higher with each step.

But talking about regression, how about toileting...





Or eating...

How much difference is there between this 
and this?
I mean besides the flavoring.

Young at heart and dependent in body. The more we age --the more we regress. My father had the right idea when he started counting backwards at 50. Now, he's in a stroller and a crib again (wheelchair and bed rails) as he calls them.Life goes full circle. Enjoy it while you can.

3 comments:

  1. Getting old isn't for sissies. You ain't no sissy, Jo. ;-)
    {{{{hugs}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how a difference of even one-quarter of an inch can make me stub my toes. Hang in there. It is frustrating while the brain learns to change the instructions it sends and muscles get stronger.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.