Monday, July 6, 2015

Comfort Only Time

The hospice nurse just left. It's comfort only time. Just keep him sedated. I don't have to worry about food or fluids. This stage could last a day or a month. My Irish leprechaun just wants to keep on fighting to be here though. I don't know whether to sigh with relief or cry. I always hate this stage. 

I've been here too many times with too many loved ones.

Yesterday, thirty-six years ago, my mother hit this stage. I've got an odd sense of dejavu and am struck by the irony of the timing.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Jo - yes as Alex says .. my thoughts for you - it just simply isn't easy ... and that timing ... how very difficult - all the very best and with lots of hugs - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo -- sending a big hug and keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, Big hugs back at you. I'll be walking in your shoes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping you in my thoughts. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.